2nd Chance Animal Rescue of Richmond Inc.
Purpose: To place animals in a temporary home in an effort to improve their adoptability and/or provide an individualized service not available at the rescue. Current volunteers must adhere to all Foster Policy guidelines listed.
- Foster Placement is at the sole discretion of the Rescue Director or Co-Director
- The Foster must complete a foster application before being considered to foster an animal
- The Foster must sign the Foster Waiver prior to the animal leaving the building.
- A volunteer may not take an animal out of the rescue to foster without the permission of the Director/Co-Director and the completed paperwork.
- Proper training will be provided in the event medical care is required.
- Fosters are permitted from taking the animal to a vet without the permission of the Director/Co-Director.
- Under no circumstances are foster families to place their foster animal in other homes or promise adoption to others interested in the animal.
- Fosters will be given a choice of adoption if the foster has been beneficial to the animal. If a foster wishes to adopt, they must complete an adoption process.
- Foster applications will be declined if animals in the home are not spayed/neutered.
Please note: 2nd Chance Animal Rescue reserves the right to remove any foster care provider from our program for any reason, and solely at our discretion.