Purpose: To place animals in a temporary home in an effort to improve their adoptability and/or provide an individualized service not available at the rescue. Current volunteers must adhere to all Foster Policy guidelines listed.
- Foster Placement is at the sole discretion of the Rescue Director or Co-Director
- The Foster must complete a foster application before being considered to foster an animal
- The Foster must sign the Foster Waiver prior to the animal leaving the building.
- A volunteer may not take an animal out of the rescue to foster without the permission of the Director/Co-Director and the completed paperwork.
- Proper training will be provided in the event medical care is required.
- Fosters are permitted from taking the animal to a vet without the permission of the Director/Co-Director.
- Under no circumstances are foster families to place their foster animal in other homes or promise adoption to others interested in the animal.
- Fosters will be given a choice of adoption if the foster has been beneficial to the animal. If a foster wishes to adopt, they must complete an adoption process.
- Foster applications will be declined if animals in the home are not spayed/neutered.
Please note: 2nd Chance Animal Rescue reserves the right to remove any foster care provider from our program for any reason, and solely at our discretion.
2nd Chance Animal Rescue of Richmond Inc.