Required Documents to Claim You Pet
- A Drivers license or ID with your current address listed on it.
- Owners are required to bring proof of ownership such as photographs or veterinary records when coming to reclaim their pets.
- Fees are due at the time of pickup. Fees may be paid in cash, debit or credit card only (No checks).
2nd Chance Animal Rescue of Richmond Inc.
Shelter Procedures for Lost Pets
- Pets without identification are held as stray for at least five days according to the Wayne County Code.
- Pets with collars, microchips, tattoos, or other identification are held for at least 10 days (as per Indiana State code) while we make every effort to contact their owners.
- Pets not claimed by owners may become available for adoption. Animals may not be adopted until after their stray holding period (five or 10 days depending on identification) has expired.